Catching up on Gratitude

I know I've gotten way behind on my grateful posts. Last week was pretty hectic, I had a huge project for school to do that occupied most of my time. And then there was Thanksgiving! So, because I have so much catching up to do, this post is full of things I'm grateful for.


I'm grateful for leaves changing color...finally!
I'm grateful for some savy finds. These curtain valance panels were 50 cents each. The sweet shoes were around $4. 
And my favorite find was this little bird candle holder. It was half off, so it was $2. 

And, I'm grateful for a fireplace that disposes of our newpaper and keeps us warm and cozy.

And I'm grateful for cozy pajamas and slippers. 

I'm grateful for pumpkin pie!

And I'm grateful for good food. 
This was my own recipe. It's very simple: I chopped some red potatoes and a sweet potato and coated them in oil, then generously sprinkled them with garlic salt. I added crumbled cooked bacon, and baked them for around 20 minutes. It was delicious! As I've said before, Brian doesn't like sweet potatoes, and my other sweet potato recipe didn't appeal to him. But he loved this one!

I'm also grateful for our pastor's family. They graciously invited us to celebrate Thanksgiving with them. We went to our pastor's parents home for dinner. They had invited two other older couples. We had a delicious dinner, and enjoyed relaxing for a while afterward. I sat in the kitchen with the ladies, all of whom were at least twice my age, and I loved it! I so enjoyed conversing with them. Later we went to Pastor Joel's house. We played games, ate dinner, watched a little Pirates of the Caribbean, and enjoyed a bonfire outside. 

I'm grateful for the blessing of talking to my family on Thanksgiving. After watching the first part of Pirates I called my family and got to talk to my dad and siblings. I really miss my brothers; they are just too cute. I miss my other siblings too, but at least they have texting and facebook, so I talk to them a lot more. I'm so looking forward to seeing them all when we go home for Christmas! 

So there's eight things I'm grateful for to make up for the days I've missed. I hope you had a content and worshipful thanksgiving! 

And now I can officially say it: Merry Christmas!

Labels: , , ,