- Go to California. At the time I made this list, I was in the car, on the way to California. Check. Subpoints:
- Disneyland - check! Just when you think it can't get more magical, you discover Tom Sawyer's Island.
- Angel's Game - check!
- Beach! - Can't ever have too much beach time. Except when you get sunburnt, and it's super windy. It was still fun.
- Read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I took care of this one at the beach and on the drive home. Check.
- Curate my summer wardrobe and personal style. To this end, I finally signed up for Stitch Fix. My first fix was a disappointment to be honest. I just kept a necklace. But I left more specific notes, so I have hopes that the second one will be better.
- Learn a new hairstyle. I've been in a rut - bun, or straightened. Once in awhile I pull it into a pony-tail to mix it up. While in LA, I shopped in the Fashion District and bought a curling wand for $20. I burned myself on the first curl, but it's been all uphill since. Check.
- Paint Seashells. I pinned this last summer, and I finally did it! I love the way they turned out.
- Catch up on my magazines. I have a giant stack of Real Simples, InStyles, and Better Homes and Gardens on the coffee table I haven't had time for.
- Try a new drink. So many options, but also while in California, I had a peach southern sweet tea with peach schnapps, and other goodness. Check.
- Watch 500 Days of Summer. A movie with Zoey Deschanel and Joseph Gordan Levitt? How have I not seen this?
- Have a bonfire. I was in a beachy mood when I made this list. But I realized that it will still be in the upper 90's at night here in the valley, so this might not be such a good idea.
- Go swimming once a week. So far, so good. Planning to swim again this weekend.
|Reading at the beach|
|Santee Alley in the Fashion District|
Of the 10 things on my list, I've already done all but four, and I don't think I even want to do the bonfire anymore. I think I need to aim higher - I still have over a month left of summer!
I'm at a loss - it's hard when it's 120 degrees outside. Any ideas? Let me know in the comments!
Labels: bucket list, Inspiration, Life, summer