So, let's talk about shopping. I have discovered that I really don't enjoy shopping at a mall, most of the time. There's so many options, so many stores, distracting loud music and large crowds - it makes it hard to think clearly. I've recently collected a few helpful websites that pertain to shopping and style that I'm really excited to use! So for this week's Beauty Find Friday, I'm sharing them with you!
- I discovered this blog a few weeks ago. The author posts almost daily pictures of her outfits, usually business casual, with some weekend outfits too. I love that it's REAL style - totally wearable, affordable, and looks good on real women's bodies, not just super model types! I also enjoy her posts about how to pack everything you need for trips in one suitcase
. Since I'm trying to maintain a capsule wardrobe of 100 items or less, having the visual inspiration different ways of combining pieces is great!
- I discovered this website from reading about it in Real Simple. It provides you with a personal stylist, who will create 5-7 looks for you based on your style, or even a specific occasion, for free! The stylists are paid a commission if you purchase the items in the looks they create for you, but there's no obligation or pressure to buy anything. I'm seriously considering trying this, just to get some new ideas and a better vision for my wardrobe.
- If you have your eye on a particular item that's out of your price range, this tool will altert you with an email when it goes on sale! I'm planning to use this for a few investment pieces I'd like.
- Similarily, this site creates a customized list of what you're looking for that's currently marked down. Here, you can pick from broad categories, like "brown riding boots under $100" etc.
- Sometimes when I'm checking out online, I'll do a quick Google search for the store name and "coupon" or "discount code." Sometimes I've found some great discounts that I didn't know were going on! Other times, the codes didn't work. ZenDeals verifies all the coupon codes on their site daily to make sure they're still current.
Have you used these sites and tools? What did you think of them? What makes shopping easier for you? Share your thoughts with the rest of us in the comments!
Labels: Beauty Find Friday, Fashion, Shopping, style