I'm not a big fan of change. But Monday night, I had an idea: what if I made the spare room currently occupied by the dog my office/craft room? I mentioned it to Brian while we were eating dinner, along with the following list:
- I'd have a whole room all to myself and my creative ideas.
- The dog really doesn't need his own room.
- My desk and the dog's crate are close in size, so it'd take a simple swap.
- I could listen to my music without commentary from Brian ("Your music is weird!")
- Brian could listen to his music without my commentary ("Could you please turn that down?!")
- It would mean a change of scenery.
Brian: "So, I'd have the rest of the house to myself basically? Let's do it right after dinner!"
Me: "But wait! I'm not ready yet! I need to think about this some more."
The next morning, I awoke to bumping and banging in the hallway. I knew instantly what was going on, even before Brian came in with a huge grin, "I've got a surprise for you!"
The craft corner:
This stuff was already there...but since taking this picture, I organized it and tidied it up. Unfortunately, I don't want to take the time to re-take the picture, and besides, this is how it usually looks!
I'm hoping to put this corner to use to make some curtains for that window.
The dog's new spot:
I still need to move that whiteboard, and ideally, add a cork board, or get something like this:
Also from Organize.com
, I think I'll use my graduation money for this office set:
Since Tuesday, I've already created a few projects in my new office, including making cupcakes. Yes, cupcakes, but not edible ones - vector cupcakes in Adobe Illustrator, logo ideas for my web design client. I'm pretty sure the change in scenery is helping me think outside the box...or maybe it's just that I can finally hear myself think? (Just kidding, babe!)
Labels: Decor, Decorating, home office