“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” - Philippians 4:6-7
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14
Today is the National Day of Prayer. Take a moment, wherever you are, to pray today.
- Lift up our leaders, our President, Congressmen, Representatives, judges and lawmakers. Pray that they would seek wisdom from God and strive for integrity.
- Pray for our troops' safety, at home and around the world.
- Pray for all those in the midst of loss and grief as a result of tornadoes, floods, and wildfires.
- Pray that our nation would seek the Lord.
- Pray for persecuted Christians around the world.
- Pray for missionaries all over the world, that they would be bold and effective.
- Pray for all those living in extreme poverty, orphans, and widows, who don't know where their next meal is coming from. Pray that God would provide and protect them, and give them hope.
- Pray for Japan's recovery.
- Pray for Haiti's recovery.
- Pray that Christians around the world would have a spirit of unity and love.
- Pray that churches would reflect Christ to their cities and be His hands and feet.
- Pray that marriages would be strengthened, that marriages would reflect the selfless relationship between Christ and the church and extend the same unconditional love and forgiveness to each other that Christ has for them.
- Pray that individuals would feel compassion for others and seek to serve them.
- Pray for individuals struggling with an addiction, that they would find freedom through Jesus's power.
- Please pray for a family in my church that was in a bad car accident. The two kids have had surgery for internal injuries, but what really makes it hard is that their mom is visiting family in Korea, and isn't able to come back yet. Pray for peace and healing for their family.
- Please lift up Heather, her husband, and their other children as their daughter Emma passed away on Good Friday. Emma was truly a miracle child. You can read Emma's story here.
- Pray for Brian and I, as we make plans for the next few years, that we would seek the Lord in everything.
Share your prayer requests in the comments below, and let us pray over them. I would love to support and encourage you in this way.
Labels: National Day of Prayer, prayer