I know some of you might have just recently had snow, and last Friday it was 98 degrees here! Either way, it doesn't quite feel like April! But then again, April is always temperamental, isn't it?
Coming up this month on the blog, I have some fun stuff in the works.
- I was surprised by the enthusiastic and emphatic comments on my first ever post about fashion. Several of you said it was just what you needed, or it was written for you. This got me thinking, if my readers are fashionably challenged just like me, what would I want someone to write about? And I came up with a list of topics and questions that deal with the basics of style. Not trendy, crazy stuff, but easy, how-to-dress-well-and-with-confidence-stuff.
- So, I really want to do a series on style this month. Fashion For Dummies. I'll research and find answers to my questions, you guys can share questions, and I'll try to line up some guest posts, so we can hear from some not fashionably challenged ladies!
- And, I want to offer prizes, and lots of them! I've got a few ideas for giveaways, but if you have a shop and are willing to give something away, shoot me an email about it.
- Also this month, I want to do better about looking up and letting you know of coupon codes for DaySpring. I'm still thinking about the best way to do this.
- And, I need to catch up on my book reviews! I've read a few and haven't reviewed them yet, so I will try to get back to doing that this month too.
- And, not related to posting, but I'm planning to install a new comment system, one where I can respond to you comment right here on the blog. I do try to visit your blog after you leave a comment, or I try to email you back, but a lot of you have your email disabled and when I go comment on your blog, I forget what you wrote on mine. So a new comment system will be quite nice!
On an unrelated note, I've been awarded several blogging awards and I haven't had time to write about them. So here they are:
And, Tara from Haute Lunch
(isn't that the cutest name for a fashion blog?) gave me the Stylish blogger Award!
Now, the rules state that you must share seven things about yourself for each award, but because I'm so behind, I'm going to cheat a little bit and instead of sharing 21 things about myself, I'm going to just share seven!
- When I was a kid, I wanted to change my name to Emmaline. Like the girl at the private school in Anne of Green Gables. I'm glad that was short lived.
- I can't stand fingernail polish. It makes my fingers feel like they're smothering!
- Toenail polish is fine, and I like any color as long as it's pink or clear.
- Joan of Arc has always been my hero.
- I don't like driving very much, but I'm getting better about it!
- I have never had a cavity.
- I have never broken a bone either.
The rules also say to pass on the blog award to 7-15 other bloggers. I've thought about this long and hard. There are just so, so many blogs I love. I've passed on awards before to some of them, but right now, I just can't pick and choose. I wouldn't want to leave anyone out. You all are wonderful people with amazing stories and great blogs, and I'm so grateful that you choose to spend a few minutes with me here!
I'm rather behind on responding to comments, but please know that they do mean a lot to me and I'm very, very thankful that you took the time to share your thoughts!
So, what do you think about the possibility of a fashion series here? What do you have coming up in April?