81. Fridays. Arguably one of my favorite days of the week, when work ends and I can finally relax. It's full of anticipation for the rest of the weekend.
82. Sunlight shining warm on my face and making me blink by its brightness.
83. The sound of a baby laughing nearby.
84. Green, green grass, smelling fresh and damp from the sprinklers.
85. A single sprig of pink flowers blooming on a bush.
86. As I walked back to my apartment, I passed a little girl playing with her mother. She pointed at me and talked excitedly in Spanish, and her mother laughed embarrassedly and answered her while smiling at me. I don't speak Spanish, but thought I heard "muy bonita." Or it might have been "muy gordita," but I choose to believe the first.
87. Beautiful words from Ann Voskamp. I'm two chapters into "One thousand Gifts," and I don't want to put it down!
88. A fresh juicy orange.
89. A tantalizing sewing machine, sparking creativity. It was tempting to give up on school and just go sew, but I restrained myself.
90. Education. As a girl, living in America, I am very grateful for the opportunity to go to college. I know many women around the world are not so blessed.
91. Clean water to drink.
92. Cool breezes smelling of fresh laundry blowing through the screen porch door.
93. Fresh peaches and pumkin pancakes. Surprisingly, they taste really good together.
94. Pizza. Do you ever get pizza cravings, or is it just me?
95. A clean house. I feel so much more relaxed and peaceful when the house is clean.
96. A soft nightgown and bathrobe.
97. Inspiring magazines. I'm reading my February edition of Better Homes and Gardens, which always inspires new decorating and crafting ideas, and last night I found a new online magazine called Matchbook. It's very vintage, romantic, and girly. And if you're style challenged like me, the pictures of what goes well together are very helpful.
98. Free valentines! I posted a link to them in my Weekend Reading yesterday, so you can download them too.
99. February starts tomorrow! I'm excited for February, because Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays, and Brian's birthday is in February!
100. Watching the sunrise today.
How was your weekend? What gifts did God bless you with?
Labels: Joy, One Thousand Gifts