Easy Valentine's Day Banner

Today I'm going to show you a simple Valentine's Day banner I put together. It doesn't take much time, and I love the way it looks!

I found the lettered hearts on At Second Street (There's a lot of other fabulous Valentine's Day crafts there too, be sure to check them out). She made one set of letters reads "Be Mine," and another "Love." They are completely free to download and print off. I recommend printing them on cardstock; I used normal paper and it turned out fine, but I think cardstock would be more durable. 
Be Mine

Love
I love the vintage lettering!

You could make a banner with just the letters, but I wanted to take it a step further. I traced around one of the hearts on scrapbook paper, leaving an extra half inch so that it would show around the heart. 

I created my own background paper, using a French script stamp and white cardstock. I also used scrapbook paper I had, including this pink glitter paper. 


I was really nervous about the glitter paper; Brian hates glitter with a passion! When he gets cards in the mail that have glitter on them, he holds them very gingerly, and after reading them stores them in the envelope. He has a rule that nothing with glitter on it can be in his car, and he had a panic attack when I bought a pair of underwear that had glitter on them. I was pretty sure he'd throw the banner in the fireplace if he saw the glitter!


I used a glue stick to attach each letter heart to the background heart. I smoothed out the air bubbles underneath. I had some issues with getting the glittery one to stick, but globbing the glue on seemed to work. 

Sorry about the blurriness...it's hard to take a picture with one hand!
Next, I used a craft knife to cut a slit right where the letter heart and the background heart come together. Then I threaded a ribbon through both slits, and strung all the hearts together. 


Here you can see the slits through the hearts and the ribbon clearly. 


The finished product! I put this where my Christmas present banner for Brian used to hang over our fireplace.

I don't know about you, but I love it when other people make it easy to decorate! And, I definitely love it when they offer things for free! So go check out At Second Street and get your banners. Don't forget to leave a comment to say thanks! 

Do you decorate for Valentine's Day? Let us know what you do in the comments!

works for me wednesday at we are that family

Stuff and Nonsense