Bubbles

I have come to the conclusion that there's something magical about a bubble bath.

Yesterday afternoon was stressful. Circumstances were out of my control, and my head was spinning with what ifs. On a whim, I decided to do something I hadn't done in a long, long time. I can't even remember the last time I took a bath with bubbles. I can't even remember the last time I actually soaked in the tub. When I'm always in a rush in the mornings to get ready, and at night I'm hurrying to get to bed, I just don't have time to wait for the tub to fill up, so taking a shower works best.


But last night, while Brian was on the phone, working on the stressful situation, I grabbed a fluffy towel, some "Stress Relief Therapy" foaming bath oil, and some good books. 

You can keep your manicures, your pedicures, and your exotic facial masks and cellulite reducing body wraps. I will take a bubble bath any day.  
Ahhhh. The simplest things in life are the best, aren't they?

Psalm 46:10 comes to mind: 
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; 
   I will be exalted among the nations, 
   I will be exalted in the earth.”
Taking time to just "be still" in the tub reminded me that God really is God, He really is in control, and ultimately, everything will happen for His glory.

When we're worried or anxious, I think the last thing we want to do is "be still." We want a solution, we want to fix it, or we want to run away. While sometimes there are things we can do, many times it's out of our control. Letting go and letting God isn't easy, believe me. I struggle with it every day.

But I hope that today, if you are burdened with unanswered questions, fears, and what ifs, you'll take the time to be still, in a bubble bath, the shower, a long walk, or wherever, and hand your burdened over to Him.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matt. 11:28

Have a lovely Friday ladies! 

Smart and Trendy Moms

Labels: , ,