The last few months

Well, if pictures are worth a thousand words, I figure this might be an effective way to catch up this blog :)

To start with, here are some pictures of the fundraiser for Haiti relief that my bible study plus Brian organized and ran. The first picture is our prayer wall. Everyone was given a picture printed from the Churches Helping Churches flicker photo stream, and a piece of paper to write their own prayer for Haiti. On the pulpit, you can see the lists of prayer requests for Haiti.
This is the front of one of the small posters I designed. Copyworks donated the printing for us. I also made hand outs, which my Bible study girls distributed.

We had a special dinner for Haiti instead of our regular Sunday night meal. We served only rice and water, and spent time in prayer, worship, and watching Churches Helping Churches "32 hours in Haiti" video. The next morning, several students volunteered to help package meals for Haiti at the Good Hope Lutheran Church in Des Moines. We got up super early, but we worked for a couple hours and were back in time for classes!


Of course, wedding planning has been very much on my mind these last few months! Two weeks to go! 


I enjoyed a beautiful winter at Iowa State. We had a record snow fall this year! 




Big news! My older sister Elissa had her baby, Aviela, on May 20th. She's such a sweetheart! 



Well, that's all for now! Short update, I know, but I hope you enjoy the pictures. I'll be back soon!

Labels: , ,